Creating a Navigation Bar
Yahoo! SiteBuilder makes it easy to create navigation bars for use throughout your site. A well-designed navigation bar will give your web site a professional look and feel.
For the easiest navigation bar creation, we recommend that before getting started, you create the pages to which you'd like your navigation bar to link.
To create a navigation bar for use on your web pages:
- Select Navigation Bars from the Insert menu.
- Select Create New Navigation Bar.
- Highlight the pages in the Available Pages list that you would like to associate with a navigation bar button.
- Click the right arrow button to associate the pages with navigation bar buttons.
- Enter the text you would like to appear on each button in the Display Text fields.
- Select a button style using the Theme: pull-down menu.
- Use the radio buttons to select the vertical or horizontal layout.
- Enter a file name in the Navigation Bar Name: field. This will allow you to identify this navigation bar for later reuse.
- Click the OK button.
You can add the navigation bar to the page you currently have open or to all of the pages included in the navigation bar.
Tool bar Shortcut: